Wednesday, April 22, 2009

~10 Spot~ Add pizazz to tab top curtains.

Want to add a little something to your tab top curtains without spending a lot of cash??? I did, so I went to our good ol' neighborhood Walmart and bought some supplies. I found everything I needed for around 10 bucks. 3 red circle placemats for $2.96 each. one yard of jute ribbon for $.67. 1 piece of felt with a sticker backing for $.80. The total was about $11.

The first thing you are going to want to do is to cut the jute ribbon into 3 equal pieces.
Next you will fold one of them over and sew it to the back of a placemat with coordinating thread.
After you have sewn all of your tabs you get to do the fun design part! I googled "silhouette designs"and found one that I thought would be pretty easy to duplicate. I drew the design on the back of the sticker and cut it out.
It's so great having a sticker that you can just peel and stick to the placemat.
"Easy breezy nice and cheesy" as my kiddos would say.
I couldn't get a decent picture of the curtains next to the window because of the light so I hung it on a shelf to give you an idea of what it looks like. I think they would also make a cute valance for a kitchen window.

2 comments:

  1. very creative. I am way impressed with your abilities. I am glad that I can still do some things for you. I am going to keep some of my shop skills to myself so you will always need me. I love you Andy,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that before...it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy