Monday, January 10, 2011

Refashioned Coffee Table~

My parents brought me this coffee table~ so sweet!

I thought that playing around with it would be easy enough, just switch out the 8'' tiles.

The problem is, that nobody sells 8'' tiles anymore.

I bought a sheet of 3/4'' mdf and turned it into this:

I made sure they all fit nicely before painting.

I found a free vector design that I liked.  
I printed them in vinyl and stuck them to the boards
{{easier said than done, that was A.L.O.T of weeding}}

Thoughts? Is it too busy? The platters calm it down, 
but I can't keep them there with 5 little ones running around.

If it starts to drive me crazy, I'll flip the boards over and try a different design.


  1. I really like it. It looks retro chic and very pretty.


  2. I think it's very chic, and very fun! (I can just imagine how long that weeding took you! :D) It is pretty busy - what about putting a collection of books, or a floral arrangement on it? Just to break it up? Either way, I love the make-over! Very clever!

  3. I dont think its too busy at all, quite lovely! If you wanted to though you could do a more muted print in the center or even a solid color :0) Very very creative!

  4. Looks like a fun project. Lots of work on that vinyl. Trying flipping over every other one to see if that tones it down a bit. Love the design though.

  5. this really caught my eye since we have the bar height table that's the companion piece. it's busy but fun for a family room piece. such a creative idea. now what can i do with our tall table? thanks for sharing!

  6. Wow!!!! That is awesome! I love black and white... so stunning! Very original!

  7. I love, love, love this! Not too busy, just too cool!

  8. What a great idea! I really like it, but I think it might be a bit busy. Maybe make the print bigger? I love the negative on every other tile. It's great!

  9. "A.L.O.T of weeding" is obviously the biggest understatement of 2011 thus far.

  10. The question is do you love it?

    I think you are going to get all sorts of opinions.
    Yours is the only one that matters it will be in your home after all.
    It's definitely a statement piece.

    I personally love it! It is something I would have in my home.I think a red tray would look amazing on it.

  11. Oh.... I like it. Great vision, you work with wood like I work with fabric!

  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!