Thursday, April 30, 2009

Recycling Belts Chapter 2...



Bracelets!! There are a couple of ways to make belt bracelets. The first is a more chunky look. It's the easiest and cheapest one. All you have to do is wrap the belt around your arm and figure out how long it needs to be. Then you will cut it into a curved shape to resemble the end of a belt. It doesn't get any easier than that. Especially if you are using a belt with double holes because you won't even have to punch holes. For the star bracelet I had to punch a couple of holes in it. That was super duper easy too. In the snap kit I bought it had a tool that you could punch holes into things. The kit I bought was less than $3 at Walmart, so it wasn't anything fancy pants. Joe liked the chunky ones. He said they were "boss" so that sounds pretty good. To make the other bracelets I just added a snap. The snaps I bought really weren't quite heavy duty enough, but I made it work with some tweaking. They are perfect for say making a bracelet out of measuring tape. My kids all want one!! It's nice to be able to make them all for a couple bucks!!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you go! The bracelets are cute...and I love the belt/mini-skirt bag. BTW, that belt with the bottle caps on it is pretty cool. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete

  2. hi I am here to read this blog and I am happy it's awesome I would like to buy it such as I bought assignments from report writing service. like that, I want to buy this.

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy