Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Recycling Belts


I ran across these belts at D.I. yesterday.I had no idea what I could do with them, but it seemed like an interesting challenge. I mean, there must be some fun things you could do....and at a buck-fifty each, it wasn't too much of an investment if I couldn't figure something out. I was heading for the check out when I spotted this cute mini-skirt.I thought to myself, "Wow, I would look so hot in that!" Actually, no, that's not what I was thinking. I thought it would make a cute little purse. I love the tie in the front and the belt loops. I could also use one of my newly purchased belts for the handle. I turned the purse inside out and made it a little smaller by putting a seem up the side.I then sewed the bottom. Really easy...in fact, you know if I ever sew anything then it's the simplest thing you could ever make. I can't sew very well. I get angry with the sewing machine, so I have to pick and choose my battles.Anyhoo, I cut the belt so that once it was sewed on I could still see the buckle. I think that's the cute part. I tried to muscle it through the sewing machine, but I wasn't having much success, so I just took embroidery thread and sewed it around the holes in the belts so I didn't even have to go through it. Woohoo!! My first belt project!! I'm thinking I'd like to make some bracelets with one of the others. I need some pretty heavy duty snaps for that. Has anyone done something like that before and know the best thing to use?

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I hate sewing too, but I do it anyways. hahaha I'm pretty sure you can get those snaps at Joann's or Michael's. I hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my sake!! that is AWESOME!!! I need to do some thrift shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy