Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Painted Doors....

Jamie and Hannah asked questions about the painted doors. I  definitely give a big thumbs up to the idea. I love how it adds character to a room and it helps to pull it together.   My doors are really easy to paint because of the raised panels. The key is a good taping job and it doesn't hurt to paint over the tape with the original color of the door(if you have it)before you paint to create a crisp line. You can also use glaze if you don't have the right paint color.  I like to use a sponge brush rather than a roller because there isn't texture on doors, so the roller leaves bumps.  In my boy's room I didn't tape off the grey at all, I just painted it and then taped the black on top of it. The lines were already there for me which made it easier, but doors can also look very cute with the whole thing painted. Here are some great examples from an awe inspiring site called Little Green Notebook.




1 comment:

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy