How do you feel about the dark trim? I did a little bit of studying on the subject and here is what I learned:
- Most trim colors are white or off white. Very neutral colors.
- Painting your trim a dark color may be a turn off to potential buyers down the road because people don't like to have to repaint them.
- If you are going to paint your trim a dark color, go with a shade that is at least 3 shades darker than your wall color so you will still have contrast.
- Dark trim does not show scuff marks as much and clean up could be easier.
- Choose a semi-gloss paint for trim for easier clean-up.
I decided to try something different and paint the trim in my little man's room black. Here is a shot of the paint...
This is with some colorful accessories.
I found this cute little boat for $5 and I thought it would make a cute bookcase.
I was going to repaint his magnet board and star peg board, but I decided I liked having more color.
I was going to hang his airplane that I found at a garage sale for $3, but after going to an earthquake safety class I decided I'd rather not impale my children with huge decorations. I found a nice little place to put it on the floor instead!
Here is my little man's reaction:
After the painting was done:"I never thought it could look this good!"
When I put up some red decor:"I don't want red in my room!!!"(cry, cry, cry)
After I put up everything else:"I like it!!"