Monday, January 20, 2014

Door Craft


I had the opportunity to go to ReStore the other day. It's such a cool place. They are a nonprofit organization that accepts donations of building materials for homes. They use their profits to help build homes for people. It's pretty amazing and a perfect place to shop if you're looking for doors.

I picked up this paneled door for only $20.  


I was planning on using for an entryway coat rack, but after holding it up in the intended spot, I  didn't love it there. It looked better in our front room. Not as functional, but I liked how it looked on the gray wall better than against our white hallway.

I put vinyl flowers and birds in the panels to dress it up.




I was a little worried that it would feel too busy for me because of the high bookshelves, but I really do like it. It's a fun focal point for the room.




3 comments:

  1. Super cute. Love the vinyl you added too!! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amei conhecer o seu blog,achei maravilhoso.Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this project! Thanks for sharing this great idea using a door from a nonprofit organization. Restore sounds like the perfect place to go. New Follower.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy