Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spoon Me

Using spoons for breakfast cereal??
Oh, that is sooo this morning.

There's a whole plethora of things you can do with spoons.

Spoon bracelets are really easy and inexpensive.
Simply flatten out the top of the spoon with a hammer

and bend to the desired shape using needle nose pliers.

Another fun idea is using them for bookmarks.

Not feeling the spoon love yet?

Take a peak at what the world wide web has to offer in the spoonage department...

Drill holes in the ends for a more finished looking bracelet.
This would also work really well for earrings.

I love the stamped names. 
So cute!

Lynette Andreasen created a choker with spoon heads.

Wouldn't these spoons make an adorable wedding gift along with ice cream bowls and a scoop?

Spoon Chandeliers??
Why not! 

They are certainly eye catching.

I was really surprised to see how elegant plastic spoons can look!

Designed my Daisuke Hirawa, image via Design Squish

Bring out your industrial side by creating a clock with a collage of utensils

or even manipulate plastic spoons with a candle to create a porcelain looking rose.

Have you added a spoon project to your to-do list yet?
I'd love to see what you can come up with if you do!


  1. Awesome post - I love it! Those ice cream spoons are great!

  2. This was fun to read! I can't get over the creative uses for spoons! xo,

  3. I would have never believed that last rose is plastic spoons. How awesome is that!

  4. There are some super-cute ideas for spoons here. Who knew! Thanks for sharing these fun sites.

  5. I am so digging the spoons - I just found a stash of monogrammed spoons (not my monogram but lovely nonetheless) at goodwill...if only there were enough for a spoon chandelier!
    504 Main

  6. No i haven't, but that Plastic Spoon Rose has been added to my Pinterest list.

  7. Ok, how cute! I love the chandelier, it would be great for my lanai!

  8. What a fun post. The plastic spoon chandelier is awesome!

  9. Fascinating! Who knew you could do so much with spoons! I love the chandelier and the clock!

  10. Love the chandelier but the link doesn't connect to it. Do you know where to buy it?

  11. WOW!! So so cool! I love the bracelet idea!

    Delighted Momma

  12. Love it!!!
    Who knew all that can be done with spoons!!

  13. Love the spoon chandeliers and posted them in a "Recycled Garden Decor" post on my blog:

    Thanks for the creative inspiration! :)
    ~ Jenny at StrungByColor

  14. Had to share this with my crafting friends at

  15. awesome....creations.....loved it !!


It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!