This is actually a refashion of a refashion...
I found this picture for a few dollars a year or so ago and turned it into a colorful magnet board.
In the time that we've had this I think that the kids have used it a total of zero times to hang pictures.
I guess we're just not a magnet board kind of family.
What I was really needing is a bookshelf for my bookworm's room,
so once again I pulled the picture apart.
I measured the size of the frame and cut 6'' pieces of mdf to create box and shelves.
I glued and nailed 3'' pieces to the bottom of the shelves to use as hanging support boards.
After which I tacked the box and shelves into place.
I nailed the frame from the picture onto the front of the bookshelf and painted it all white.
Here she is up on the wall.
I did have to put caulk around the edges to fill a little bit of a gap.
Although it was a fun project, if you don't already have a picture frame or access to an inexpensive one, it would probably be more cost effective just to buy moulding a make a frame yourself.
I'm so excited to have a place for Liv's books!