I've been looking and looking for a chair with a fabric seat that I could redo. I finally found one! I got this at DI and have been so excited to refinish my first chair.
First, was to take off the seat. There was a screw in each corner. Then, it was time to take off the old fabric...Look how many staples were in it!
Oy! It ended up being pretty easy, though. If I just pulled the fabric back a piece at a time, the staples would pop up.
Then, I took the piece of fabric off of the chair and laid it on top of my new fabric and traced the shape... Cut it out and stapled it back on!
I was sure to pull really tight as I went around. I also did all four sides first and then the corners. The corners are folded pretty much like wrapping a present.
I sanded, primed and painted the chair. Then, did a little sanding and stain. I took zero pictures of this part. Oh well.
And here's the finished product...