Monday, April 20, 2009

Tried and True...



I read about a tried and true tip for decorating shelves the other day and thought I would give it a go. The tip is to imagine a huge letter Z drawn across the entire bookcase. The first thing you are going to want to do is take your most prominent pieces and display them on the points of the Z and then down the diagonal. Since this example only has 3 levels, it kind of resembles and X, but if you are using more than 3 you will angle your large decorations down the slant of your imaginary Z. I decided to stack my books in a slant to help give them the diagonal look. After you do that simply fill in the gaps with your smaller decor! I do like this tip. It helps give some direction and I think it does end up looking pretty balanced. Have a happy Monday-and don't forget that tomorrow is Creative Cats Tuesday if you'd like to share your an idea or a project that you have been working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy