Friday, November 5, 2010

Corn Husk Wreaths~

An inexpensive and easy way to decorate for the holidays!


Supplies:
 *6 oz bag of Corn Husks
(buy in the Mexican Food department of most grocery stores)
*Dollar store wreath form
*Hot glue gun


Begin by tearing the corn husks in half or into thirds.
Curl one end of the husk over and hot glue the two ends together.
Put another line of hot glue on the bottom and glue it to your wreath.


If you are more of a perfectionist than me, you can soak the husks so they are more pliable.
You will need to wait for them to dry completely before hot gluing.

Glue the folded husks around the wreath form.




After going around once, fill in the empty spots.


Hang from windows, mirrors or place on the table as a center piece around candles.



9 comments:

  1. Very cute idea. Thanks for the tutorial!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I made one too!

    http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2010/09/21/martha-inspired-fall-wreath/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the wreath hanging in th e window -the word that comes to mind is serene

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a neat idea. Thanks for sharing he tutorial! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did this wreath only take one 6oz bag of corn husks?? i am planning to make these with some friends and wanted to make sure we had enough supplies! thanks, myhedwig@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this idea & am totally going to make it. I looked at Target today & couldn't find the corn husk though. Where do you suggest I look? I also went to my Dollar Tree & they only had the small wreath, bummer. I will have to check around. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really cute and easy idea. Thanks for the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing! Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy