Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pimp my whiteboard...

First day of school! After going to back to school night yesterday, I am already feeling a little stressed. I want to be organized this year and not forget little things happening in the kidlet's classes. I thought it might be nice to have a big calendar that I can keep reminders.  When I was at The Parent's house yesterday I asked them if I could have one of their old whiteboards.  

I brought it home with me and broke off the edges with a hammer.


I cut some black vinyl strips for the edges with just a pair of scissors and then used a large drywall square to create a nice straight edge by cutting the excess vinyl off with a razor blade.


I was a little worried about how to make a calendar grid that was even.  The Joe piped in and said,"No problem! There's an app for that!" And there is! 

Not necessarily for calendars, but a spacing thing-a-ma-gig. Very cool indeed.



I drew the calendar lines with a permanent marker, but I think I may go back and make them vinyl. It's not quite as permanent as it thinks it is. 


I stapled it to the wall with a pneumatic staple gun and bought some cork board squares from Wal-Mart.


I thought I'd hang the burner covers next to it.



Hopefully this will help a me to be a little more organized! I would love to be one of those mothers who's always on top of everything! If you are one of those mothers, please share your secrets!! 

8 comments:

  1. You are going to be so organized this year. I love the look too. You can make anything look pretty and decorative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of the individual cork boards under the calendar. Hmm...where could I put these in my house?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was so stupid that back to school night was the night before school starts! "Here's a whole list of the supplies you'll need to go out and get...before morning." Grr.

    Anyway, this is super super cute and it looks like you'll be one of those on-top-of-it moms this year! That font you used for the days of the week is SOOOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe what you do with all our old junk! You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! You made it so cute with everything you put around it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whiteboard looks great. Love the added bird. It all ties in together so well. Good luck on being organized. This looks like a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not one of those mothers, but we've managed to make it. I think I need to step up my organizational efforts, though--with my middle son starting his senior year, there's a LOT to be organized around here!

    By the way, I'm your newest follower. It's so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!! What is the name of the app that your husband used for the measurements? :)

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy