Thursday, March 11, 2010

think about it Thursday...


Today I am thinking about wind...

It has been super windy the last few days. When I say windy I mean the keep you up at night, shake your house, blow things around the neighborhood kind of wind. This kind of wind always makes me think about kites! I LOVE flying kites! I LOVE the song from Mary Poppins...."Lets go fly a kite...up to the highest height...." It just makes me happy...what can I say!

So here is my super easy homemade kite pattern!

Supplies:

1 piece of 8.5x11 in cardstock
4 ft length of party streamers
long length of yarn
popsicle/craft stick
drinking straw
hole punch
stapler

Step one: Draw this pattern onto your cardstock. Cut out pattern. You want it to be a mirror image of itself. Next fold paper in half which should be the center of your image. Then fold the half circles back.

The top should be a complete circle with the straight part sticking out the bottom.

Let your little one decorate their kite to their hearts content. Punch a hole and tie one end of the yarn to the kite. Insert one end of the streamer to the back end of the bottom of the kite and staple shut. On the top of the circle tape circle closed and tape the straw to the top going across the kite.

Next wrap the other end of the yarn onto the craft stick.

Now I know that these are going to be top quality kites. They won't fly super high, but if they can attract the same kind of smiles that mine did...it is totally worth it!


What can you do to create a smile today?

Think about it...

1 comment:

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy