Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Home Improvement Project No.1

I sometimes feel bad for the kitchen sink. When people pack up all of their belongings, what do they always leave? Yep, "everything but the kitchen sink".  Poor thing.  Today we are going to give the kitchen sink some much deserved attention.  

Here's the oldie. Not old, I guess I should say former.  We didn't want to pay the builder for an upgraded sink when we knew it is something we could do on our own.


I didn't get a before shot with it in the island because I was trying to get Miss Mira to fall asleep for an hour and a half.  We're trying to say goodbye to the bink and it's not going well.  She is extremely strong willed and had a 90 min tantrum last night as well as one this morning at 5a.m.  "I just want my binky Mom, my orange binky"....{{cry, cry, cry.....SCREAM!!! Throw yourself down on the floor and repeat}}.  

I'm getting sidetracked. 

Hole. 


 I would have guessed that the sink wouldn't fit because it looks so much larger than the other one.


It fits!! I LOVE it!!






Miss Mira is sitting on my lap. When this picture came on screen she said,"Oh, it's so PRETTY!" 
Funny that a 2 yr. old would think so, but I agree!!


12 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous!!! I have been wanting to do that FOREVER!!!! Was it really as easy as it looks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...not as easy as sticking it in the whole. Joe did spend an hour working on it and we still need to pick up another piece so it's functional. Until tonight it just has to sit there and look pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello there! your home is so adorable! i love the colors you have chosen! they are so bright and cheerful..lucky you getting such a nice sink! have many hours of "fun" there! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, That Joe must be an amazing husband!
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new sink! I awarded you with the Beautiful Blogger Award. You can check it out here if you like: http://organizeyourstuffnow.com/wordpress/?p=6396

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new sink! Here is my unsolicited advice ☺ : use bar keepers friend to keep it clean. Thats what I use on my white sink and love the stuff. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing! Beautiful. I love that attitude, why pay for something when you can do it yourself?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks beautiful!

    Ahhh to be young and have your most horrible problems solved by an orange binky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am close to the giving up the binky stage. I am NOT looking forward to this. But I love the sink! You guys did a amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out great!! I love the bright white!

    Check out my AWESOME giveaway tomorrow!!

    ~Morgan

    http://meetvirginiaandroo.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/MeetVirginiaShop

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon,window cleaning services and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy