Monday, September 7, 2009

Creative Cats and Lamp Revamp


Hola!! How is everyone today?? Happy?? Excited that it's Tuesday?? I am!! It's always so fun to see all of your amazingly creative projects!! Big thanks to all who participated last week.
You rock!!
I'm doing a little lamp revamp today. Goal is to take boring and drab and turn it into something punchy and fun.
I've seen lots of lamp makeovers and I've always wanted to try one. It was surprisingly easy and really not too expensive to do. I picked out a half of a yard of fabric along with some bias tape
and of course my best friend spray adhesive.
I tore the edges off of the lamp to give me a pattern for the bias and then I used a big piece of my transfer tape to make a pattern.
You could also of course just use a piece of paper. I used the pattern to cut out 4 pieces of material and used spray adhesive to stick them on. I also used spray adhesive/glue gun to stick the bias tape around the corners and edges.
Add a hot pink flower for a little kick and we're good to go!

Now I'm throwing the ball into your court!! Link up a creative post and grab yourself a Creative Cat's button! Have fun visiting all of our linky friends today and leave them some love by commenting!!
Have a wonderfully creative day!!


2 comments:

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy