Monday, July 6, 2009

You can grow flowers...

I went running this morning. It was kind of hard because I've only been out running twice in the last two weeks. I was trudging along and was energized when I saw that someone had planted a bunch of wild flowers behind the part of their yard that was up against the running path. Bright red and dark blue flowers against the green weeds. It looks so cute!  About the same time I was listening to Merry Happy by Kate Nash and one of the lines in that songs says, " You can grow flowers from where dirt used to be".  That thought has been sticking with me all morning.  I am also inspired by the words from a talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul......everyone can create....you may think, ''I'm not the creative type''. If that is how you feel, think again....The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create". 

We have the opportunity to see the creative things that people have done all over the world on a daily basis thru the technology that we have right now. It's amazing and overwhelming too. There are so many people out there with GREAT BIG creative talent that it is sometimes easy to feel discouraged about what we think we can't do.  This morning I was reminded that it's not about what other people have done, or can do. It's about improving myself and making flowers in my own patch of dirt.

Here are a couple of "flowers" that I've been working on.  Some fun little pegboards for baby girls.

 I'm also getting excited for this weeks project. We found this cabinet at a yard sale.  It needs a new top, but it has so much cuteness potential! 
You can grow flowers from where dirt used to be.

1 comment:

  1. You just put into words the exact thing I have been thinking about. You are right, it is easy to get discouraged sometimes. Keep your chin up, you have tons of talent!

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy