Thursday, March 26, 2009

Love at First Sight...



I was driving into town through a wicked snow storm to get to Costco. The roads were pretty slick and the visibility wasn't up to par. Someone forgot to mention to the weather that it's SPRING!! Of course while we are slugging along my 3yr old has to "go". There's no way we are making to the store in time so I pull off to the side of the road. I carry her out in the snow storm so she can do her business on the side of the road. She was freezing her little buns off and her #1 business decided to turn into #2 business! Perfect....So this has the makings of a very exciting day for me!! {Why is she telling is this???}...you may be asking yourself right about now...well, I just wanted to set the stage. I really deserved to find a great piece to refinish today and I did!! It was love at first sight!! I usually take a bit of time to inspect pieces, see if they have any broken parts or whatever-not this time. I nearly jumped a few aisles to snatch it up. I didn't even look at the price. I just love it!!! It was $25 which in my opinion was well worth it...I mean, can you really put a price tag on true love?? I guess you can because if it was any more than that I probably would have had to step back and reconsider. I have really been wanting to re-do a bench for sometime now. Plus I get to do a little reupholstering which is especially fun when it's a simple seat cover. So, this is what I'm going to spend the next couple of days working on. I still haven't figured out what I want to do with it. This is going to sound really cheesy, but as I am working on something I like to get a feel for what it wants to look like...ok so that may sound a bit psycho, so I'll put it another way. I just think that pieces of furniture will look better if the paint job matches the style and design of the furniture itself, and it's fun to try and figure that out. My youngest ones napped when I got home so I was able to get an hour of sanding in. I've even got a war wound from the sander!!This better turn out cute because I've shed actual blood for it!! I'll let you know when it's done!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE benches too...can't wait to see what you do with it. Thrift store shopping here is depressing...never a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! That's pretty nasty. I hope the buns have thawed and can't wait to see the bench.

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy