Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Scrappy Headboard~

A few years ago, I wanted to dress up our room a bit by making a headboard. 
I loved the look of oversized headboards, but I've never been a fan of the oversized price.

To accomodate a tight decorating budget, I created the look of a large headboard 
by tacking trim to the wall and painting the inside.

Really easy and pretty inexpensive. 
You can check out the post HERE.

The only problem with this type of headboard is that you can't move it around. 
That can be a challenge for a girl who likes to change things up frequently.

After a couple of years, it was time to add a bit more oomph.

I raided the garage and found a bunch of scrap pieces of wood. 
I made sure they were all about 1/4'' thick, but I used all sorts of different kinds of scraps.
Beadboard, pegboard, mdf, whatever I could find.

I figured out the hard way that it was best to listen to my husbands suggestion and start at the top.
All of the pieces in a horizontal row need to be the same width.
 They can and should be different lengths.

Attach one horitontal row at a time and work your way down the wall.

I tacked  the pieces up with a pnuematic nail gun.
It took awhile... and the nail gun and compressor scared the crap out of my dog. 
She hid in my closet for the duration of the project.

Here is a picture of the finished headboard. 
I love the new look! Clean and shabby at the same time.

Feel free to try this at home.
You just have to be happy with the fact that your bed will never ever ever move again...:)


  1. I love the old headboard and the new one!


  2. Many acclaimed personas and TV famous people are absolutely adherent to Nike and they use these brand names as they are generally actual blessed using the superior and flair. Even admitting Michael Jordan took retirement that year 2003,jordan releases, there has become no adverse aftereffect in the particular sales of these types of sneakers. Nike currently has a combine if it involves shoes and tennis shoes. The acclaimed arising models which had been alien were air Jordan I along with Air Jordan Four,Air Jordan shoes, V and Eleven.

    Air Jordan My spouse and i - It was primordial alien in the entire year 1994 and hasn't been able to obtain an consequence for the public. In the entire year 2001,Jordans for Sale, it has been afresh re-presented by authoritative small alterations in your used. Patent coating was acclimated being a actual this serious amounts of it was capable of grab the preoccupancy of the community. This archetypal grew to be actual accepted and it also was able-incarnate accepted by your barter due to help its durability,Cheap Jordans, look and look.This archetypal was exotic in the calendar year 1989 and rrt had been aswell displayed in the movie. The shoes and boots were awash like hot cakes high was amazing attraction for these sneakers. It was extra redesigned in hues like white as well as atramentous and aswell atramentous as well as adhesive grey.


It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!