Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chalkboard jewelry~

We're throwing together a craft night for our young women tomorrow night and we needed something  inexpensive.  Little chalkboard necklaces came to mind. They are easy to make, and it's a fun way to let the girls express themselves!

You can either cut little boards yourself, or buy pre-cut wood pieces at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores.


It doesn't take much chalkboard paint to cover a huge number of necklaces!


To hang them, you can either drill holes in the top of the board, or you can buy these tiny hinge clips at Hobby Lobby. Wait until they are 40 or 50% off and they aren't very expensive.   I paid $1.50 for 15 clips. They're really cute and make the necklaces look like mini clipboards.



 I bounced around the aisle trying to figure out what kind of rope to buy. I REALLY like what I ended up grabbing. It's elastic so you can make the necklaces short, but still get them over your head.


 I cut out some vinyl as an option for the girls.








I think we'll do earrings as well. I bought a bag of circle rings and earring hooks and just drilled holes in the wooden circles.


I think it would also be fun gluing them onto ring forms! I should have grabbed some while I was at the store! I'm hoping the girls will have fun with them!

10 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute...so very fun and clever :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I just saw that I won your vinyl giveaway like 2 weeks ago! I'm sooo sorry that I didn't see that till now, we are poor grad students without constant access to internet. I hope I'm not too late!! My email is lilhil@gmail.com Let me know! I am so excited about that vinyl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. That would be a great project for girls camp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and clever - I'm sure the girls will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! I love these! My girls are gonna flip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea!!! It will be a perfect idea for my kids this summer! Pin backs would be a great option for boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to make this. We are doing 600 of them at our GS Cookie Rally!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    free nurse bracelets

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy