Monday, February 21, 2011

Entryway Revamp

A while ago we converted a headboard into this blue bench.

I've loved having it in the entryway,
 but I have had a hard time figuring out what to do with the space around it. 



It doesn't always look quite so sad and lonely.
I usually have something displayed, 
but I didn't snap a picture before I stripped it dry.

I really wanted something that gives a lighter, brighter feel when you walk in the house.

We made the green shelf, so I snagged an identical black one from another room and stacked them.


I painted them both the same color as the wall to give them more of a built in feel,
and decorated them with some white frames from Ikea.


I'm planning on filling them with black and white family pictures, but I didn't want to leave them empty while I waited to get the pictures ready, so I printed a few black and white images to look at in the meantime.








 I didn't realize how different the space looks until I saw these two pics next to each other!
I Love how a simple change can make such a difference!

10 comments:

  1. I love the shelves painted white. It makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...huge difference! How did you get those cool B&W prints? Did you design them? Would you be willing to share them with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought to paint the shelves the same color as the wall! It really does add to the empty space without making it feel cluttered! I am inspired!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Let me change the pictures to black and white for you. I can make it look better than whomever you choose to develop with. I can put them in a gallery for you so you can select them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Val! You are my favorite person on earth. That would be wonderful! I know you are super busy, so please don't worry about it right away. Thanks my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The blue and white look great together and what you have in your frames now looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy