Thursday, November 11, 2010

Stocking Pegboard

I've snagged another Ikea scrap for today's project. 
I just love their cast offs.  I usually load up when I visit the as-is department. 


I drilled a few holes for pegs and hanging holes,


When sanding I focused mainly on the inside of the door so that the vinyl won't pull off the paint 
as well as the edges of the door so the undercoat will hold.


The first coat is a burnt red. Since it's the undercoat I didn't spend too much time on the pegs.


The top coat is called Natural Twine from the Martha Living collection.

While the topcoat was still wet(do wait a bit for it to dry a little), I rubbed it off of the edges with a damp cloth.  
After the paint was completely dry,
 I went back over and repainted the areas that were exposing too much red.
This technique is easier than sanding and it keeps you from sanding through the undercoat of paint.


All dressed up and ready to go!



11 comments:

  1. way to go andy! I love it, and guess what? I believe!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazingly cute...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one! I would have never thought of wiping off the top coat to give it the sanded look. I'm definitely trying it. You never cease to amaze...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so darling!! And I never knew that painting secret... I always sand. So thank you!!!!!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cute and i love how you lettered it

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make such great stuff!! Please stop by and link up to my Commercial Break at: http://suzysartsycraftsysitcom.blogspot.com/2010/11/commercial-break-thursday-promote_11.html

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute...what a busy little bee you have been :o)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea. I love that you added pegs to your cabinet door. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Thanks for the tip on the technique too!

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy