Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Halloween sign

Even though it is not yet October, I'm in such a fall mood. I love it when the seasons change and I feel like it's happening at the right time.  I'm not pining for more summer months. I'm just excited to wear sweaters and to drive up in the canyon and see the changing leaves. 

I thought it might be fun to make a Halloween sign with a collection of words.



I painted a piece of scrap wood and made a collage of Halloween words out of vinyl with different fonts.





After applying the vinyl I rubbed the entire surface with gel stain.




 My kids were so excited about this sign. They loved reading all of the different words and with each one you'd hear,"oh yeah!".  I guess I'm not the only one who's looking forward to the season changing.


If you'd like to buy the vinyl for this project it will be $12+$4 Shipping
(U.S. orders only)

You are welcome to pick up orders if you are close to Eagle Mtn.,Ut.

If you are making this project you will need a board that is 13.5''tall and 27''wide or larger.

email Andy at poppyginger@gmail.com
You will be sent a paypal invoice for your order.

This project was graciously featured on The Creative Crate







Thanks ladies!



14 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I love this idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Will you be selling any? I love the season changes too!

    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to buy the vinyl for this since I don't have a Cricut. I know, isn't that sad? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'm going to make one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this and your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy... this is awesome!! I sooo need to make me one of these :) Thanks for sharing! BTW...I featured it here:

    http://thecreativecrate.blogspot.com/2010/09/hallow.html

    Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, coming over from the Creative Crate. Love your subway art sign. The different spooky fonts are so fun. Well done. Enjoy your day Jen~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this sign! Just ordered a couple sets of vinyl. Yay! Can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Do you use a Cricut to cut your vinyl?

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE!

    How did you make those cute "pumpkins" on the shelf as well? You should do a DIY on those too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I featured this over at Sassy Sites as one of my favorites of the week! Come by and check it out!

    http://sassysites.blogspot.com/2010/09/weekly-halloween-highlights.html

    xoxo
    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FUN project!! I featured you on my blog today:

    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2010/09/wednesdays-wowzers-hungry-for-fall.html

    Have a great day!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :)

    Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/5-subway-art-ideas-for-halloween/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy