Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Owly goodness

I have to give props to Make it and Love it for this cute idea!! She made an owl out of a repurposed scarf.
Isn't he adorable??

i fell in love


I don't have any old scarfs lying around. Actually I do, but I happen to really like them and so I just picked out some fleece and felt from Wal-Mart. I was able to get all the supplies{including needles and thread} for under $8. Perfect price range to make 5 kiddos Christmas owls and matching scarfs. I basically just followed her tutorial HERE and just cut a pattern out of paper. I traced the bottom of a glass for the large eye circle and a milk carton lid for the middle and just free handed the rest.


The most time consuming part of this project was stitching around all of the little owly parts.


I wish I would have made my pattern a wee bit wider. Next time I do something for all 5 kidlets, I'll finish one all the way first to see what adjustments should be made.




I had enough fabric from each color to make a matching scarf that the kids can wear. I sewed two strips together to make them long and then cut into the edges.


It's just so much fun making things for my kids. I have really been crushing on soft little handmade beauties lately that I'd love to try. Here's a few of my fav's.

Fabric designer Mariana Bandin via i.treehugger.com

Pictures from Little Red Closet



Products by Chet and Dot via Cuteable

That little birdie is the most adorable thing I've ever seen!! Gotta love handmade!!!

Enjoy your Tuesday!

~Andy

1 comment:

  1. I saw that same owl and loved it. Yours turned out darling too!

    ReplyDelete

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy