Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

There is something so refreshing about January 1st.  It really isn't any different than December 31st, but it always exciting for me. I feel like I can make new goals and have another chance to become the person that I would ultimately like to be. As I was trying to think of ways that I can improve over this next year I thought about really treasuring the times that I have with my children. I want to make the holidays throughout the year special for them and give them distinct memories that they will be able to hold on to. There are so many areas in which I would like to improve. I hope that as I work on my goals I will be able to somehow involve my children. As I grow spiritually I would like to give them the basic fundamentals of faith love and charity that I know will benefit them immensely. As I work on my physical goals I hope to involve them in such a way that they can understand the importance of living a healthy lifestyles and take advantage of these wonderful bodies we've been given. I would like to educate myself and give them an example of the importance of constant learning and mental development. Most of all I would like to create a home of tranquility and virtue. A resting place for my children. A safe haven from this crazy world we live in.  I want to yell less and cherish more.  I love to create and decorate, but I also would like to remember that what happens within the walls of my home is way more important than what happens on the walls. I hope you all have a wonderful year and enjoy this wonderful life!!
(Picture from Better Homes and Gardens via theinspiredroom.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy