Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ornaments

When I opened up the box of Christmas ornaments this year I couldn't help but think of family.  My mom makes us a beautiful snowflake each year to hang on the tree. Each year it is a different pattern that she comes up with.  She crochets, starches and sprinkles them.  I love getting these every year and I love seeing them on my tree.  Another treasure I find is the bunches of ornaments my Grandma Jacobson has made for me and my family members.  She has an absurdly large family and each year would make an ornament for everyone. She and her husband have recently passed away.  To honor them my family put together lace ornaments that hold flowers from their garden and also flowers from their funerals.  What a treasure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for taking a moment to comment. If you have a question, please leave me your email address! Thanks a million!
~Andy